13 courses are required within the IMM major. A typical path through the curriculum distributes IMM courses across four years, alongside Liberal Learning and foreign language requirements, electives and other courses from outside the major. Students might also choose to pursue a minor in another area, or in some cases a second major.
- Five core courses: IMM 110, 120, 130, 140 and 280
- Four 200-level or higher IMM courses (not including IMM 280, 498 and 499)
- Two 400-level IMM courses (not including IMM 498 and 499)
- Two capstone courses: IMM 498 and 499
- Thirteen courses total
- TCNJ Liberal Learning curriculum, including the First Seminar (FSP)
- Three semesters’ proficiency in a foreign language. (Some students may satisfy some or all of this requirement through the TCNJ placement exam, or College Board or AP scores.)
- WRI 102 Academic Writing. (Some students are exempt from this course through SAT, ACT or AP scores, or the College’s own placement exam.)
- AMM 099 Arts and Communication Seminar (fall semester, freshmen year)
- IDS 102: an online, non-credit course information literacy course
- Students must have at least 32 course units (128 total credits) to graduate (including major courses, non-major courses and transfer credit).
- Two of the four introductory courses: IMM 110/Introduction to Digital Media, IMM 120/Introduction to Interactive Computing, IMM 130/Design Fundamentals for the Web, IMM 140/Writing for Interactive Media (OR IMM 170: special topic)
- IMM 280/Design Perspectives in Interactive Multimedia (CORE course)*
- One IMM course at the 200-level or above
- One IMM course at the 300-level or above (excluding IMM 391, IMM 399, IMM 498, and IMM 499)
- Five courses total (Interactive Multimedia Minor Program of Study)
*Note: students can take their 200-level intermediate class prior to taking IMM 280.
College Policy allows TCNJ students to cross count 1 class between their major and minor classes when applicable. Please reach out to the IMM department about ways to fulfill one of your minor requirements in this capacity.