Full Job Description
The Alfa Art Gallery is a non-profit organization that is looking for a technology savvy individual with a strong interest in photography and video production to assist with documenting gallery events, generate promotional photo and video materials, and photograph artworks (photo/video camera provided by the gallery).
This is a non-paid opportunity that will help interns gain real-world work experience in an art gallery environment. The internships positions are unpaid, but interns may arrange with their college to receive course credit (each department does things differently but there is usually some sort of internship proposal form. Talk to your department heads for more info). In exchange for their work interns will also gain valuable experience in a dynamic nonprofit arts environment and will receive an evaluation form and letter of recommendation at the end of their internship. Please attach cover letter with resume.
- Responsible for documenting gallery events; capturing the general atmosphere, artwork on display and experiences and emotions of artists and visitors in high quality photos and video
- In charge of producing high quality photo and video final products to assist in promoting the gallery and its programs
- Will assist curator and curatorial intern with planning and executing artist interviews
- Promote the gallery’s facilities rental program
- Some previous experience with using SLR/DSLR cameras required.
- Must be technologically savvy and eager to learn
- Adobe Photoshop proficiency is a must. Some Adobe Light Room experience is a plus (software and additional tutorials will be provided by the gallery).
- Must have experience in using video editing software like iMovie or Adobe Premiere.
- The availability of a portfolio of previously done work will strongly influence our final decision.
*University Career Services has approved this internship for academic credit*
You can earn 3 credits for this internship through the Rutgers Internship & Co-op Program if you meet the program’s minimum GPA and credit requirement. Your internship must be a minimum of 180 hours of work over a minimum of 12 weeks during the academic semester (8 weeks in the summer). To receive final credit approval, you must apply online by the appropriate semester deadline (typically first day of class). For more information, visit careers.rutgers.edu/RICP.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- 8 hour shift
To keep Alfa staff, artists, and clients as safe as possible, Alfa Art Gallery operates on a flex rotation for interns, has 2 interns at the gallery each day, maintains NJ’s limit of 10 occupants in the gallery, and requires masks to be worn at all times.
- Adobe Premiere: 1 year (Preferred)
- Final Cut Pro: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19