Come join Mozilla’s Emerging Technologies team, Mozilla’s early research & development organization!
We’re looking for a hardworking and capable Creative Technologist/Prototyper to support our projects delivering prototypes that can be used to demonstrate, test, and capture feedback on our concepts and design solutions from diverse audiences, including internal partners, end-users, developers, and collaborators.
If your passion is helping people, problem-solving, working in an environment that allows you to stretch your technological skillset providing users solutions, while supporting a mission that is driven to ensure the Internet is a global public resource open and accessible, then this is the right position for you!
Given the design and interactive nature of this position, you will need to be located in Portland, OR to easily join in person when necessary all design and creative activities.
Day to day you will…
- Plan, design and execute prototypes at different resolution levels – from sketches to paper prototypes, wireframes, click-through prototypes, hardware mockups, simulated physical interactions, interactive or coded, and Wizard of Oz experiences.
- Support the technical/prototyping side of all our UX research and design activities – to ensure all sessions and demos run efficiently
- Collaborate with engineers, researchers and designers to ensure a great user experience from design to implementation.
Your professional profile…
- 1-3 years of professional experience designing and building prototypes at various resolution levels.
- Portfolio with examples of sketching and lo-to-hi-fidelity prototypes, including examples of different modes and styles of interactions (e.g. web-based technologies, native applications, mobile interactions, digital/physical interactions)
- Proficient in design and rapid prototyping tools like Axure, Figma, InVision, Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite.
- You have a creative edge and an ability to build functional prototypes
- Design Systems experience/ability to follow design systems
- Generate Creative design ideas within a collaborative environment
- Self-starter who thrives on responsibility and accountability
- Flexible, efficient, and comfortable with ambiguity and able to move quickly from planning to execution
- Familiar with industry standards and trends in relation to UX prototyping
- Passionate about ethical and user-centered design
Extras (not required yet great plus)
- Experience with research on voice systems, augmented and/or virtual reality.
- Experience with machine learning or AI systems.
- Knowledge of RUST
- Knowledge of 3D development platforms (e.g. Unity)
- Understanding of accessibility standards.
- Experience in an open source environment.
- Experience working on a remote and distributed team.
Apply for this job HERE