Currents New Media Internship in Santa Fe – (Paid)
The CURRENTS Festival is much more than just an annual event. CURRENTS is a community made up of our dedicated staff, our treasured interns, the fantastic local artists, our installation crew, our network of volunteers, our partner venues that host events during the festival, and all of the artists who fly out from across the world to participate in our festival every year. Come and join our team!
Our next internship program lasts from June 1 – 30, 2019.
Application deadline: February 15, 2019.Learn more about this program by following the link below:
What we offer:
- Housing for the duration of the festival in our shared intern house.
- A stipend of $750 to help with travel and meals.
- College credit when pre-arranged with university and student.
- Letter of recommendation from us (if requested).
- Lunch every day of install and de-install of the festival (June 1st-8th, and June 26-29th).
- A wonderful community of artists from around the world, our and staff and interns.
- Experience and technical knowledge/training.
What we expect from our interns:
- Interns are expected to be in Santa Fe for the whole month of June. Any proposed exceptions to this must be discussed beforehand.
- Running a festival of this size is A LOT of work. We expect our interns to be ready to dig in on those long days of installation (sometimes up to 12 hours).
- An interest in Art and the New Media community. In the past our interns have come from a variety of disciplines, we’ve had musicians, actors, tech-heads, performance artists, visual artists, and folks interested in event coordination, festivals, construction and set design, lighting design and more.
- You must be a team player!
- Ideal candidates will have either experience or strong interest in some or any of the following: media art, a/v tech, programming, exhibition installation (hands-on work), volunteer coordinating, graphic design, light design, event planning, curation etc.
- Don’t let our lists limit you; we look forward to putting your unique talents to use.