Smarter Travel is publisher of travel Web sites including Cruise Critic, the largest cruise site of its kind. Smarter Travel is a subsidiary of TripAdvisor, the largest travel community in the world. We offer a rewarding and enjoyable entrepreneurial environment with opportunities for professional development and growth.
We are looking for a student intern who has interest and experience in Web publishing and production to support our Editorial staff in office during the Spring 2018 term (January – June). You will be working closely with Cruise Critic’s editorial team in publishing cruise and travel content to our in house content management system. You’ll be expected to have a keen eye for detail while working quickly and effectively. You may be called upon to lend a creative eye and fresh perspective to content campaigns. The ideal candidate is a quick learner and is passionate about travel, digital storytelling and delighting and engaging users.
Job Location: Ewing, NJ (near Princeton)
• Launch new content for Cruise Critic.
• Source photos from stock photo and cruise line databases
• Use Photoshop to resize, crop and retouch photos as needed, upload to database.
• Create web pages, post and update news articles, reviews, features and destination content, adding appropriate web links.
• Assist with special projects and other assignment as needed.
• Must be organized and detail-oriented, and enjoy multitasking in a high-paced environment.
• Experience in HTML and Internet publishing preferred
• Excellent command of English language, grammar, punctuation and spelling.
• Ability to communicate effectively with the team and thrive in a fast paced environment
• Work within tight deadlines and be able to shift priorities on short notice.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
• Digital media experience/coursework
• Multimedia experience with editing and producing video and audio files is a plus
At SmarterTravel, we have built an open & collaborative environment and we hire the people we want to work with (not just the ones with the right qualifications), but who also think different to us and challenge the status quo. We empower people, giving the support and autonomy needed to succeed. We embrace data to make decisions and overcome obstacles. We choose speed over perfection, but not at the expense of quality. We do what we do well, but we’re always looking to make it better. Let us know if you’d like to help.
SmarterTravel is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or musical preferences. We think a diverse team builds a better product.