Internal Job Description:
The Wall Street Journal is looking for a talented motion graphics designer to join our team as an emerging media visuals producer. The journalist will create content for Snapchat Discover channel and work on social platforms. This person contributes to a team of editors and motion graphics designers producing news and features with a focus on visual storytelling and audience engagement. The New York-based role offers a chance to collaborate with reporters and editors across the global newsroom to bring our journalism to a new and growing audience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create strong visual content for social platforms such as Snapchat Discover and Instagram, collaborating with reporters and editors across the newsroom
- Contribute fresh ideas for ways to bring core Journal stories to a new audience
- Work with audience engagement editors to develop engagement-first strategies for social platforms
Skills and Qualifications
- Advanced skills in Adobe After Effects or Motion
- Illustration skills: by hand or computer-assisted
- Ability to translate complicated ideas into visual stories
- Deep understanding and fluency on social platforms like Snapchat and Instagram
- Highly organized and able to pivot between daily deadlines and longer-term projects
- Ability to be both a team player and at times a team leader
Please submit a resume and a brief cover letter with links to your portfolio or two to three projects that represent your work.