13 courses are required within the IMM major. A typical path through the curriculum distributes IMM courses across four years, alongside Liberal Learning and foreign language requirements, electives and other courses from outside the major. Students might also choose to pursue a minor in another area, or in some cases a second major.
- Five core courses: IMM 110, 120, 130, 140 and 280
- Four 200-level or higher IMM courses (not including IMM 280, 498 and 499)
- Two 400-level IMM courses (not including IMM 498 and 499)
- Two capstone courses: IMM 498 and 499
- 13 courses total
- TCNJ Liberal Learning curriculum, including the First Seminar (FSP)
- Three semesters’ proficiency in a foreign language. (Some students may satisfy some or all of this requirement through the TCNJ placement exam, or College Board or AP scores.)
- WRI 102 Academic Writing. (Some students are exempt from this course through SAT, ACT or AP scores, or the College’s own placement exam.)
- AMM 099 Arts and Communication Seminar (fall semester, freshmen year)
- IDS 102: an online, non-credit course information literacy course
- Students must have at least 32 course units (128 total credits) to graduate (including major courses, non-major courses and transfer credit).
- Two of the four introductory courses: IMM 110, 120, 130, 140.
- IMM 280 – Design Perspectives in Interactive Multimedia.
- Two 200-level or higher IMM courses.
- Five courses total